Sunday, August 22, 2010

I would love to get on roller coasters but I'M SCARED! Any advice?

I am a water ride fan but when it comes to rollercoasters, I cant go on them. I dont know what it is but i want to go on rollercoasters so bad but i cant. Please help..and no harsh comments please.I would love to get on roller coasters but I'M SCARED! Any advice?
My advice? Go on the biggest one you can find as your first one.





Before today, I had never been on a roller coaster. And this morning when I got to Alton Towers, I saw this ride called Oblivion (which is 200ft high and it has a verticle drop into a giant underground tunnel with smoke everywhere!) and I really didn't want to go on it.


Eventually, my dad dragged me on and I was petrified. I was practically crying when I first got on the train/car thing. That obviously didn't help because I found out that I was sitting next to people from my school! Ahh!





Obviously I was scared the whole way through, my first roller coaster I go on has an 88.8degree drop at 68mph into a black underground pit with smoke in it. Yes, it was horrible. But when it finishes, you can't help but laugh! I literally burst out laughing. I just couldn't believe I had done it.





That made me and my dad rush over to Rita- Queen of Speed. It goes 0-62mph in 2.2 seconds! This however, wasn't as scary as Oblivion and I enjoyed every second of it. Again, you burst out laughing at the end.





Then I went on Air. Your car/train (whatever it's called!) it flipped up so you are facing the floor and it goes around with massive drops, flips around loads and goes so close to the floor and walls at times you could almost touch them. I also enjoyed every second.





Then the grand finale was Nemesis. It was absolutely crazy. Honestly, easily the maddest roller coaster there. It was VERY scary, but again. When it finished, tonnes of laughter coming out of me!








So clearly you must do what I do. Go on what you think is the biggest, scariest, craziest ride first. The rest seem easy. Yes, each time you queue up for a ride you will be scared. I found that out today. I felt so scared I was considering walking out of the queue completely, and when I was strapped into the train/car thing then I was pretty much crying. But when it starts you just don't know whats going on. It's half absolutely horrible, half the best experience of you life.





PS: If it's the safety you are worried about then don't worry. Statistics have shown from the american theme park Six Flags that 319million people visited their park in 2001 and in that same year only 134 people required hospitalization. And most people who are injured are from when they ignore the rules and attempt to stand on the ride, stick their arms out or don't follow the safety instructions such as you can't go on if you have a bad back or heart. You have more chance of dieing on the car journey to the theme park than on the actual rides!I would love to get on roller coasters but I'M SCARED! Any advice?
Aha! Yeah! I know!


Oblivion was extremely scary.





See, if I can go on that as my first ride, then surely you can do just a regular one! ;)


You just gotta push yourself to do it. The queue will be the worst part.

Report Abuse



so i know how you feel, i am terrified of roller coasters. when i went to islands of adventure in orlando with my friends they all wanted to go on the hulk. i thought it was the scariest thing ever, i didnt want to go at all, but i wasnt gonna stand outside the ride for 2 hours while they waited in line(thats how long the wait was for that ride). so for two hours i was freaking out and had this horrible feeling in my gut, but i kept telling myself i can do this, even though i wanted to cry and run under a rock and hide. but i did it, even though the entire time i was screaming and almost crying, but it was a a lot of fun and when i got off i wanted to go on again. theylook big and scary but they really only last a minute, once your sitting in the little car thing, itll be a fast minute and then your done, push yourself to do it, and you'll get over your fears. it'll definately be worth it. goodluck and have fun, i hope you get over your fear of rollercoasters, it may take time but eventually!!!
i am the same way


LOVE water rides


but not much of a fan of roller coasters





maybe you should sit in the back of the ride and nothing is going to go wrong but it will be over before you know it and afterward you'll feel good you did it and it is somewhat fun even though it is scary and fun at the same time and you may never have a chance to ride it again so you should just get it over with you know...





hope i helped =)
They're aren't as scary as they seem. Honestly, I always found them kinda boring. You just zoom around the track for a minute and then it's over.





Just remember that if you're at a real theme park and not some fly-by-night carnival, the rides will be well maintained and safety inspectors will come and check them out frequently. So it's safe to go on them.





They look a lot more imposing than they are. After you ride a roller coaster, you'll probably wonder why you were so intimidated by it in the first place. :)
i had the same thing


but as soon as i got on a big crazy rollercoaster i noticed that it was very fun and that i was fine and after that i started to get on all of the crazy roller coaster


just dont think of the bad stuff you think may happen once you get on a crazy one you will realize that you can get on all of them
I had the same problem because I am scared of high places.


The only thing that i did was to try a few smaller ones out and see which I can ride and which I can't.


It always bad to see if friends can ride them and you can't so try to gather some courage and try them.
I think its all mental..majority of people wont get on rollercoasters because they think something bad is gonna happen on them. You should just get one and have some fun. start off with something not too wild and then start working your way up from there. also try getting on with somebody your comfortable riding with.
go to an amusement park with like your favorite friend. have them talk to you and get your mind off of the coaster. when you get to the end of the line sit down, at that point there is pretty much no turning back





wait, wait, wait....





how old are you?
pretend it is not really that big. just relax, and remember it is COMPLETELY safe, so go and have fun. dont worry, these things are made for enjoyment.
If you don't want to, then don't. If you really do, go on the smaller ones first and work your way up. Not a huge deal, they're not really that scary.
I myself don't like roller coasters but just get on and you no there is no getting off so the only thing you can do from that point is enjoy it!
Lol..Simply just wait in line and if ur freaking out just say to yourself it's like a one minute ride and it's nothing at all..and look and see how many smaller kids there are looking fearless =]]
Why force yourself to do something you dont' enjoy???. Do the things you like to do and forget it.
roller coasters r very fun! id say ur missing out, so get on one, but go with a friend





good luck
  • blackheads eraser
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment