Monday, August 23, 2010

Can anyone give me advice on how to get a grant to go to school to learn to train dogs, have been laid off.?

I have been laid off work 3 months they shut down my plant,I cant seem to find a job and I need a career I know this is what i want to do. The school I want to go to costs 6 thousand but it teaches you everyhing. So if anyone has advice on how I can get a grant. The school does not have finacial aid.Can anyone give me advice on how to get a grant to go to school to learn to train dogs, have been laid off.?
I'm not sure where to get a grant ,but you can go to Prosper.com which is a Peer to Peer loan group. You can slowly pay back the loan at a certain interest rate while you go to school.Can anyone give me advice on how to get a grant to go to school to learn to train dogs, have been laid off.?
I live in California and i dont know how it works in your state but start by calling EDD (employment development department) and inquire about ';job-link'; or ';workforce investment act';. Through these programs it may be possible to have a portion of your educatoin paid for as well as you may be able to receive unemployment benefits while completing your training. Hope this helps!
your best bet is to talk with the school. They will be aware of any grants you might apply for.

No comments:

Post a Comment