Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can someone please give me advice on how to get a job or interview in Chicago:)?

Hi everyone? I am having a hard time finding a job in Chicago. Can someone please help me with advice on how to get a job? I have been searching for a job more than 4 months ago and I still have not had any luck. So far I have tried Craiglist.com, monster.com, hotjobs.com and career builder.com. I have also submitted my resume and spoke to some people in the following agencies: Lakeshore Staffing, The Opportunity Group, The Esquire Staffing Group, Temp Time and Five Star Recruiting. But I have not had any luck. Does any one have any other suggestions or know of anyone that would be able to help me? I am looking for an Executive/Administrative Assistant position, Office Manager position, bilingual position, graphic design, Human resource or customer service position. Thank you all for taking the time to read my question, I really am really grateful for your help.Can someone please give me advice on how to get a job or interview in Chicago:)?
Hi





You've done a lot already, but I found this SUPER effective: going to your local chamber of commerce mixers. Mixers are free events where you can mingle with local businesses, they usually offer free food and beverages, so it's never a waste of your time! There is one in pratically any city, and it's full of small businesses (which give 80% of the jobs). Network your head off!


I've just been given a great book that says 80% of all jobs are found through friends, family, and acquaintances. Go out there and make friends!





I found this site, I don't know if it's in your area:


http://www.wegochamber.org/


That's the west chicago chamber of commerce. In the heads up section, they say there's a multi chamber mixer June 28th... that means a LOT of people will be there. Make yourself a business card, dress up and smile!


On the other hand, 7% of all jobs were found through the internet.


An another thing you can do is go to the shops/stores/places you love the most, and try applying there. If they don't have a position, ask if they know of anyone who does. If the person likes you, they'll try to help.





Good luck and keep going!Can someone please give me advice on how to get a job or interview in Chicago:)?
You could search for jobs on websites like Simplyhired and Indeed. More information available at http://h0j.info
  • g
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment