Monday, August 23, 2010

Help! I need advice on how to convince my parents to get a dog!?

I am trying to convince my parents to let me get a dog. My dad is in the military, so we have moved every year for the last long time. As a result, a dog has not been good for us until this last year when we found out that we would be staying in the same house for the next 3 years. We got a 5-year-old Golden/Lab mix that had to be put to sleep after we had her for 6 months. my parents and I were really shaken by the experience, but now (8 months later) I am trying to convince my parents to let me get another dog. Any suggestions for reasons?Help! I need advice on how to convince my parents to get a dog!?
ever heard the saying, ';get back on the saddle again?';. you guys fell off with the other dog... sorry about that :-( Give your mom 10 good reasons for having a dog, on a piece of paper... Then have your mom give you 10 good reasons for Not having a dog... Then take the papers to a neutral non-bias person... like, say, grandma or a neighbor.. remember, non-biased, and have them score each answer between 1 and 5 with five being top excellent reason, and 1 being not a very valid reason... then score the sheets and see who scored better... If you score best, then, tell your mom. She still has the top decision, but this way she can explain better why she's not interested in another pet.Help! I need advice on how to convince my parents to get a dog!?
good i curiously hope that works out well for you:-)

Report Abuse



OK, well first of all, make a list of reasons you think you should get a dog. Next make another list of reasons you think/know your parents will have against you getting a dog. Then come up with answers for those reasons. I know this method has worked for me before! then last, bring up getting another dog to them calmly, and don't get to passionate. If they still say no, accept their answer calmly, then ask them about it in another 3-4 weeks. Be persistent, but not to persistent. Good luck, and I'm sorry about your other dog!
o i am sorry for your puppy.





my famitl doesnt move but we travel. I have a doxie and a pug mix and they are great travalers. i think a small dog would be easier than a big dog with moving.





doxies dont shed and very friendly


ooo use this point that it is an ice breaker for meeting new friends and (only if you are an only child)-tell them it will help you transition from one place to another because you can play with it.





i dont know about yours but parents love it when it is thier idea so dont push it for a particular day. just keep a constant,non-annoying stream of friendly reminders that you want a dog.





ooo if you have a picture of your old keep it out to let them remind themselves of how great that dog was and remind them that you miss him/her





good luck tell me how it goes!
try to help them remember how much fun they had with your other dog and how it would bring the family together
odds are your parents aren't over the heartache of the last dog. i don't know the circustances under which the dog had to be put down, but if it was preventable maybe it is still weighing on their concience. give them some time. if they love animals they will come around. if not eventually you will be an adult and be able to get one.
Find a good breeder and let your parents know this is a very good healthy dog. You will take good care of it and surprise her with the new born puppy hehe. That's how I convince my mom.
I agree with what all the other people have said. Tell your parents that you'd like some resposibility in your life, and then when you a get a dog, take the responsibilities. Although, I disagree with the purebred thing. If your parents have a problem with the costs mutts are cheaper. They have fewer health problems, which helps with vet costs, and they're cheaper. You could also suggest going to the pound/ humane society or an animal shelter and rescue a poor abandoned dog. I hope I've been helpful!


:0)
Well i mean tell them i want some more responsibility in your life .That is what i told then and kept bringing it up that i wanted one and couple weeks later i was allowed to go pick a puppy out!
YOU wont be paying for all the expences of a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment