Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am looking to get back onto motorcycle.advice needed.?

I am 45 and have full car licence since 1980.I know I can ride a 50cc without L plates.But I would like to get something bigger,I believe I can get up-to 125cc,do I need to take a BT or any other tests,and do I need L plates.My licence covers as provisional licence for motorcycle. I am looking to get back onto motorcycle.advice needed.?
back on?? w/ a 125..........get a motorcycle or stay off............I am looking to get back onto motorcycle.advice needed.?
. Direct Access for learner riders aged 21 or over


Riders aged 21 or over may opt to take a test on a large motorcycle. On passing the test they are immediately qualified to ride any motorcycle without restrictions. This option is called Direct Access. You must complete CBT, and if necessary, a motorcycle theory test and a practical test on a motorcycle of at least 35kW (46.6bhp).





6. Accelerated Access


If you have already obtained a full standard category A licence and you reach the age of 21 before the two year qualifying period is complete a third option is available. You may opt to take a further test on a motorcycle with a power output of at least 35kW (46.6bhp) to gain immediate access to all motorcycles. This is called Accelerated Access. You can practice for this test on motorcycles above 25kW only if you are accompanied by a certified motorcycle instructor on another motorcycle and you are displaying `L' plates (see Training for Direct Access below). You do not need to complete CBT again, or pass another theory test.

No comments:

Post a Comment