Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can anyone offer advice for getting a job at the company I want to work for?

Locally, there is a corporate office of a large retail chain. I am perfectly suited for any number of the marketing jobs that they have posted. I have even had a mom at my daughter's school who works there hand in my resume to HR. She agrees-I am perfectly suited but there are no current openings. I am sick of sitting and waiting. What else can I do to get my foot in the door?Can anyone offer advice for getting a job at the company I want to work for?
OK you know you are suitable and your friend knows you're suitable but how does this employer know?





If you are interested in Marketing jobs don't ever send your Resume to HR, they are at the end of the line as far as knowing about vacancies goes.





What you need to do is work out what makes you suitable for a position with this organization, then prepare a letter that identifies specifically WHY they might consider you.





But the most important thing to do is identify precisely who (name and position in organization) would be your boss if you were to gain a job there. This is the person to contact with your covering letter, which must be a personal, private %26amp; confidential letter. Your friend may be able to help you find the right person.





You should ask for a chance to meet and be prepared to call this person and follow up your letter. You can get some good ideas on cover letters from Your Career Change.comCan anyone offer advice for getting a job at the company I want to work for?
you need to suck up to someone important who works in that company
if there are no openings they cannot hire you... You will have to eliminate someone who already works there so that you can take there position. How you do that is up to you
If there are no openings and you continue to push, they may get annoyed and not hire you when something does become available. Your best bet is to look elsewhere and have your friend in the company advise you when a position opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment