Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advice on how to get my cervix to start opening??

I'm 38 1/2 weeks pregnant. I still have some time left for my cervix to open naturally. However, I never progressed very much with my last two pregnancies and ended-up needing medical intervention. The thought of going through that again and passed my due date frustrates me.... I know there's a lot of wive's tales about this, but is there anything that really works?? Walking a lot, having sex???Advice on how to get my cervix to start opening??
walking along with gravity pull baby down if you havent dropped...NOW sex is the best thing, theres a chemical in the semen that makes the cervix soft and begin to pen of course it does take time, lol...Advice on how to get my cervix to start opening??
Ive heard Red raspberry tea is supposed to get the cervix ready for labor. Not sure, never tried it...but midwives have been using it for years.





I was no where near ready for labor when I was induced, so I cant help you with personal experience.





The walk walk walk and sex sex sex thing is supposed to work.
Honestly Sex is the best thing.
Sex is the one sure thing, however you have to have sex like every couple of hours. The chemical in the sperm that induces labor is not that strong, so by continually introducing it to the cervix increases the chance of starting labor.
Walk. Lots of walking. Yes.





However, considering your pregnancy history, chances are you may have to make that trip once again, sorry.
walk walk walk walk walk!


sex might work but walking definitely helps
I had my daughter 3 days early and she was my first. I walked any where from 2 to 4 miles a day, and the last 2 weeks my husband and I had sex everyday. I also drank a cup of raspberry leaf tea and took hot baths the last week. I did try the that oil laxative and I don't recommend it at all. I personally think walk is your best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment