Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need to know how to get my 2 dogs to STOP fighitng.... any advice?

I have 3 dogs and the 2 oldest is ALWAYS fighting... its a constant thing for us. We have seperated them for about 2 or 3 weeks and it IS NOT helping! every chance they see each other they fight... we cant get rid of one and cant keep one outside is there anything i can do?I need to know how to get my 2 dogs to STOP fighitng.... any advice?
Separating them is not the answer. The problem is that they believe that they have to choose between themselves who has to run the house.


You have to show them that YOU are the leader not them.


I suggest an emergency intervention with the Dog whisperer.


Since that is probably out of the question, pull up a chair, and watch the National Geographic channel on t.v.


I swear by it. The man is amazing with animals and people.I need to know how to get my 2 dogs to STOP fighitng.... any advice?
I would take them to a good trainer who can teach them socialization skills. It may be a little costly, but much cheaper than a vet bill that could run into hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
We need a bit more info. How old are they. How long have you had each of them. Have they always been this way? What breeds? Gender?


Sometimes certain dogs will just never get along. I have a friend who had 4 dogs and everyone got along until she got a new dog. Then 2 of the original dogs that have been getting along for year started fighting. She tried different trainers for months. Eventually she had to put the more aggressive one to sleep because it then started to 'turn' on all the other dogs, and almost killed one. I also have some friends in the rescue community that have aggressive dogs they must always keep separate. They just always 'crate and rotate' who is out and who is caged. It works, but its more effort or your part.
I would suggest seeking professional help. We have two females that cannot see each other. We just do rotations in our home every 30-60 minutes. They share the same areas but at different times and never have any problems.
ok this is the best way buy a baby gate and keep them seperated and try every day when you let them go together if they fight seperate again. Or just keep them apart or put one in a room and put them together againg and if they fight split them appart again.

No comments:

Post a Comment