Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Could I get some advice?

Right now I am on a public internet computer ( i don't have home internet access.) and i think someone is using this computer as a slave computer. Why I think this is there are two different popup blockers on here and I am still getting popups as well as the occasional google search result. It is really annoying because it is making the computer run really slow.


Any suggestions?Could I get some advice?
The computer probably is infected with spyware and/or virus's, that's what causes popups, even when there is a popup blocker present. So I wouldn't be putting any disks, cds, or flash drives into the thing or sending any e-mails to anyone. I would inform who ever is in charge of the computers about this problem.Could I get some advice?
Run AntiSpy/Spam
Download, update and run Spybot---http://www.safer-networking.org/... . Don't forget to use the Immunize feature.





Download, update and run Adaware---http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaw鈥?/a>
Popup blockers, such as the Yahoo and Google toolbars, will only stop web based popup advertising. They can help somewhat but will do nothing to stop popups on a computer that is badly infected with trojan downloaders that are ';phoning home'; and contacting other computers to download and deliver the pop up ads.





That computer you are on is badly infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment